The HSSE/Quality Specialist directs the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the JLL HSSE management systems at Client data centers and facilities. In this capacity, the HSSE Specialist is accountable to provide guidance, identify the resources and equipment necessary to implement HSSE management systems and compliance programs related to JLL scope of work at the Client locations. The HSSE Specialist will advise the JLL management team on HSSE issues, assist with the evaluation of potential hazardous situations and environmental impacts, participate in accident investigations, and ensure JLL is compliant with all HSSE regulatory and Client requirements.
What this job involves
- Specialist with strong background in the quality assurance requirements for data centers and financial industry facilities from an operations and maintenance perspective.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that the work conducted by the Facility Maintenance team, and its subcontractors, is in full accordance and compliance with JLL Policies and procedures, as well as local and Federal regulations – including OSHA.
- New hire must be able to coordinate with contractors and review their services against contract/service labor agreement.
- The specialist for this role should have a solid understanding of safety regulations as they relate to the performance of maintenance and repairs to equipment utilized for client data centers and control of workplace environment.
- A background in data centers and/or the financial industry is desired.
- The specialist should be able to prepare/revise SOP’s, change control documentation, investigations, CAPA’s and training materials used by the facilities maintenance team in the performance of their work.
- In addition, this position is expected to interface with the client’s SMEs to ensure that applicable SOPs are followed, and that the work performed by the team is documented and recorded in the proper fashion.
Specialist will be responsible for executing the JLL Quality Compliance program for multiple data centers.
- This includes training verification, facility self-assessment, documentation control, personnel qualification files, vendor/supplier audits, and multiple site programs relating to compliance, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Specialist should have experience working at data center facilities in a quality assurance or quality control capacity.
- Specialist must have a strong commitment to quality assurance, and a willingness to support the quality-first culture on the site(s).
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with minimal supervision.
- Specialist must have a Knowledge of Quality Engineering techniques, CMMS systems, and Quality Management Systems, must have working knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills including the ability communicate to all levels of management as well as a diverse customer base including technical and non-technical personnel.
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service with a minimum of 4-7 years of experience in quality engineering, facilities design, data center environments, and production/facility operations or equivalent
- Provide leadership and support the development and implementation of HSSE management systems and compliance programs at Client sites.
- Team with JLL Site Team and the Life Sciences HSSE team to establish HSSE performance goals and review performance against those goals.
- Ensure the tracking and reporting of HSSE metrics and measure performance against key performance indicators.
- Establish necessary plans to meet or exceed key performance indicators.
- Direct the implementation of HSSE Committees suitable to the site’s needs. Evaluate hazards with respect to JLL scope on client sites for safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Implement HSSE qualification program to manage JLL service partners working at Client locations and under the JLL scope of work.
- Ensure activities related to the management of Hazardous Waste and Dangerous Good shipments are compliant, where applicable.
- Identify training requirements and coordinate training sessions for HSSE regulatory and Client training requirements.
- Ensure required records are available according regulatory, client and JLL requirements.
- Ensure HSSE policies and procedures are developed, updated, implemented, and followed.
- Assist the JLL Site Team in the accident investigation and communication process including the identification of root causes.
- Implement training and tools necessary to ensure that reports on HSSE incidents and performance are submitted on a timely basis, and that corrective actions are taken.
- Assist account personnel on projects related to areas of responsibility.
- Maintain liaison with client HSSE organization to ensure that HSSE problems are identified, and solutions coordinated.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with Client HSSE organization.
- Drive the implementation of programs and initiatives necessary to foster a strong HSSE culture.
- Expertise in the management of high-risk work is required.
- Internal: JLL Site Facility Management, JLL Site Teams, Chief Engineers, Technicians, JLL Risk Management
- Client: Client HSSE Team and Facilities Management at the Sites
- External: JLL Service Partners
Desired skills and experience for this job –
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject.
- Broad based knowledge of Environmental, Occupational Health, and Safety regulations.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with HSSE compliance and management systems preferably within facility operations.
- HSSE experience in biopharmaceutical, research or maintenance operations is highly desirable.
- Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills with both word processing and database applications. Ability to drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to lower their health costs and increase their personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!